Everything You Need to Know About Effectively Administering an Estate
Join Annette Dawson-Davis at the Estate Administration Boot Camp on October 10th and 11th held at the Courtyard by Marriott San Luis Obispo in beautiful San Luis Obispo.
Are you fully confident in your knowledge of the latest court and tax rules and the most effective transfer tools to ensure each client’s estate is laid to rest according to the decedent’s wishes, with minimal tax burden? This comprehensive 2-day instruction will give you all the skills you need to administer estates that include trusts and/or business interests without a hitch. Register today!
- Don’t miss any crucial notice and filing requirements when opening the estate – learn what must be done right away.
- Get helpful forms and checklists that will help you in administration.
- Understand how income and estate tax deductions interact and find the most advantageous way to structure the tax returns
- Learn how to use disclaimers more effectively.
- Clarify what must be done when the trust becomes irrevocable.
- Protect your professional reputation with a practical legal ethics guide focused on trusts and estates practice.
- Prevent mistakes in final petition and ensure each estate is closed quickly and without disputes.
Who Should Attend
This two-day, basic level seminar is designed for:
- Certified Financial Planners
- Trust Officers/Administrators/Managers
DAY 1 – October 10, 2017
- Forms of Administration and When They are Used
- First Steps and Notices, Executor Duties, Opening the Estate
- Marshalling the Assets
- Handling Debts and Claims Against the Estate
- Spouse Elective Share and Disclaimers
- Key Intestacy Laws You Must Know
- Trusts That Affect Estate Administration
DAY 2 – October 11, 2017
- Income Tax Returns
- Handling Distributions
- Legal Ethics in Estate Administration
- Estate and Trust Contests, Disputes, Challenges
- Business Interests in Estate Administration
- Portability and Estate, Gift, GST Taxes
- Closing the Estate and Final Accounting